Thursday, August 20, 2009

Owen is 4 months old!

We had Owen's 4 month appointment yesterday. He now weighs 18 pounds and 13 ounces which is still off the charts for his age group, and he is 26 1/2 inches long, which is the ninetieth percentile. He got three vaccinations and really screamed for the third one, rightfully so since it is supposedly the most painful one. I feel so sorry for him but I know it is for his benefit later on. All else is well

So I started back to school all this week and had to start taking Owen to a babysitter. Boy, that was rough. Leaving my baby, who I have been with pretty much 24/7 for four months, with a lady I hardly know:( I am sure this is only the beginning of many tear-filled goodbyes in my lifetime. He is going to an in-home daycare mondays-thursdays. Matt has every Friday off, so they get to have male bonding time on Fridays. Matt cannot wait until Owen is old enough to take him hunting with him, then I am sure they will be out all day on those days with dad. (Matt wanted to take him turkey hunting this past spring but I told him two weeks was a little young to start sitting in a turkey blind:) Owen seems to be doing alright so far. All she has really said is that she thinks he is going to be a handful once he can start moving, seeing as he is so active already, and that other crying babies make him sad. He starts to cry whenever another baby cries.

2 comments:

  1. Brynna has her appointment on 9/8...it will be fun to see how they compare :)

    ReplyDelete