Things have been crazy since the holidays so I have not had time to post. I do not even have christmas pictures on the computer from the holidays at our house.
Aunt Lu (my sister) came to spend christmas with us. It was great to get to
hang out with her for several days.
Cousin Jellie (Jeff - Owen called him Jellie) from Missouri came up the day after christmas to stay for 2 weeks for late muzzleloader season here in Iowa. He was finally able to harvest a nice buck the day before he had to leave. Wade was also around for part of the season. It is always great to have family around and they really helped around the house and with Owen those two weeks. Matt was also able to shoot a buck and a doe, so we have some meat for the freezer this next year.
I do have to say that I am glad that this hunting season has come to an end. I really do not mind having people stay with us, I like it a lot, but it is also nice to have my house and husband back for the time being, Regardless of the fact that it will more than likely be short lived, with turkey season not that far away. Matt's honey-do list is quite long and now he has lots of work to do with the business.
Now we're back to school and into winter full swing, with about 8 inches of snow on the ground and freezing temperatures. Still not so sure that I like these Iowa winters.
Just a few pictures from the past week from Aunt Jessica and Grandma Cathy.
Aunt Jessica watched Owen for us one day last week. She had the awesome idea of bringing in tubs of snow for the kids to play in. She said they were entertained for 45 minutes with minimal mess to clean up.
We took a short trip to Wellsburg/Parkersburg this weekend. Matt went fox hunting Saturday morning and then we were able to have dinner at Grandma Cathy and Roger's Saturday evening. Owen actually wanted to sit on the pony, I was shocked. He did not like the big horses so much though. I don't blame him, something that huge has got to be scary to a little kid.
"Moomies (movies) Mommies (mommy)!"
He has started adding an "s" or "-you" to the end of many of his words. He is talking like crazy the last couple weeks. He jabbers all the time and repeats everything, he about drove Matt nuts on the car ride up on Friday. I love it and would much rather listen to his chatter than hear him cry.
Quick hugs for Grandma Audrey, he almost missed.
His pictures are typically blurry because he hardly stops moving, ever.





No comments:
Post a Comment