We took a trip down to Kansas a couple weeks ago. Owen had a blast like always and was spoiled rotten. It was a beautiful weekend. I think it turned out to be 60-70 degrees on Saturday. Crazy to be able to say my son played outside in a t-shirt in January! I definitely miss the Kansas weather.
 |
| Owen's last christmas present. Aunt Bonnie embroidered him tractor pillowcases. |
  |
| Air Hockey with Aunt Lu and Mommy. He did suprisingly well for an almost 2 year old. Whoa, almost 2! Just 2 months away, I better get to planning soon. |
 |
| Everyone hanging out watching the entertainment. Look carefully, the center of attention is a little difficult to make out. |
February has brought us lots of snow thus far and a couple snow days.
 |
| Peanut Butter & Jelly. Yummy! |
 |
| It is so darn cold outside, we brought the snow in to us. Owen's first snowman. All he wanted to do was eat the pretzel stick arms and the raisin eyes that I could not get to stick. maybe we'll get outside to build a real one before the end of winter. |
 |
| Snow tunnel. Daddy was really excited for Owen to play in the snow cave. He went in and sat down for a short period of time, then was ready to do something else. Maybe he will be more excited next year. |
 |
| The walls of snow on each side of the side walk are as tall as Owen. This tunnel he does like to run through. The snow drifts in between the house and garage over the sidewalk. Now we know to put up a couple snow fences next year. |
We went to Aunt Jessica's house for Super Bowl Sunday. We had lots of snacks and a great time hanging out. The kids are getting better about playing with each other and Grant is such a good older cousin. He entertained the two little ones a lot of the evening; reading them books, playing music, and singing them songs in his bedroom. The adults enjoyed some football and good food while the kids decided to make it a costume party.
 |
| I know, wrong team, but we'll allow it since we do live in Iowa...and he looks so darn cute in it! Owen has really taken a liking to sports lately and loves to play ball. |
I love living where we do, there is always some wildlife around to look at.
 |
| We have a covey of quail living around our wood pile. Papa spotted them a while back and Owen and I saw them while outside a few days ago. Not sure how many there are, atleast 7. |
 |
| I hope the bobcat we saw last summer does not get them (or the many house cats that come around and drive Matt crazy, for exactly this reason) We'd like to keep them around |
No comments:
Post a Comment