We have had a wonderful christmas season so far. We celebrated with Grandma Audrey, Grandma Cathy and Roger the weekend before christmas. Wade, Steph, and Whitney came up so we were finally able to get everyone together in one place. Christmases are going to get crazy as they all get older. I cannot wait :) !!
Papa Bob came down to celebrate will everyone on Sunday evening. He came over to our house christmas eve so that he could spend the holiday at our house. The weather started to get bad Christmas Eve so we planned on staying home and enjoying the time together. Matt shot a big buck with his muzzleloader christmas eve morning. (Ending out deer harvesting for the year with 7 total deer in the freezer, we should be good on meat I'd say)
Christmas Day morning was when things got interesting. Sometime throughout the early morning hours we lost power because of the weather. By 9:00, the temperature in the house was down to about 55 degrees. We decided we probably better try to make it up to Jessica and Lee's place because they had power, but we wanted to do gifts for Owen at the house first. So we all bundled up; Owen with 2 layers of clothes, a stocking cap, and wrapped in a blanket for his first christmas. Luckily, the power came back on while Owen was opening his stocking, it was out for atleast 8 hours. Pretty good present I would say. It was still a wonderful christmas and one that we will never forget.
We're headed to Kansas tomorrow to celebrate Christmas, New Year's, and Dacey's birthday (She is a teenager this year. Yikes I'm getting old) with the Simpson side of the family.
Hope everyone is having a great holiday season!
Love, the Welsh's
Thelke/Schmitt/Vandewater/Welsh Clan
He likes to turn the pages.
Bundled up for stocking and presents.Quite a loot! "I love Christmas!!"

First time playing in the snow. Owen got a sled for christmas from Matt and I. It was pretty cold so we did not get to stay out too long, but he enjoyed setting in his sled with mommy while daddy pulled. We got about 6-8" for christmas, on top of the 16" we got two weeks prior to this.





No comments:
Post a Comment