Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Update

Owen has taken to sleeping on his stomach or his side.
Owen has gotten mobile. He can now roll around the room to get to where he wants. He can also sit up from lying down on his own. This makes bedtime a challenge most night, he rolls around and sits up instead of just lying there and going to sleep because that was the only option he had before.

"Like father. Like son."
Owen has slept with his hands behind his head and his ankles crossed since he was born I think. He sleeps just like daddy. Owen has had some tough nights lately. It must be a 9 month old fad because both his cousins are doing the same. Sunday night was particulary challenging. He woke up several times crying throughout the night. I slept on the couch with him for a couple hours. Eventually Matt and I gave in at 4:00 a.m. and let him sleep in bed with us so that we could both get some sleep before work later that morning. This is how I found my boys when I got out of the shower.Luckily school was cancelled because of blowing and drifting snow and Matt did not have to be at work until 12:00 that day, so that helped.

2 comments:

  1. that sleeping picture is so darn adorable!! the night waking must totally be a developmental thing. just wait until he starts standing, then they stand there and cry until you come get them because they are stuck! they must wake up and think, huh, I don't have to just lay here any more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, that sleeping one is TOO cute!

    ReplyDelete