Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Owen!!

Today, our baby turns 1!! I cannot believe the past year has went by so quickly. We had his first birthday party this past weekend with lots of family and friends. Plus we got to show off our new house.

We had a good turn out and nice weather other than being a little chilly.

He was not very excited about opening presents. By this time he was getting tired and thought that if he sat still for too long he would fall asleep. So I think I opened most of them for him. Thanks everyone for the wonderful gifts. Daddy may have to build on to our house already.

He did not get too terribly messy, but he sure did like the icing. Great-Grandma Simpson had a non-dairy cake and icing recipe so that Owen could have his very own cake and us not have to worry about his allergy.

I think his favorite part was playing with the farm animal balloons.

He was so exhausted after lunch, cake, and presents; he took a 4 hour afternoon nap.

2 comments:

  1. What a GREAT party!!! You are SO talented...maybe you could make cakes during the summer as a side job???
    Still can't believe we are celebrating FIRST birthdays already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad we were able to come up to help Owen celebrate, Happy 1st!

    ReplyDelete